4.16.2010

Are You Getting What You Paid For?

Alice In Wonderland White Rabbit

When I went to school for massage, they taught a 50-minute routine massage.  Why?  Because this is what spa's do.  Though most spas advertise a 60 minute or 1 hour massage, it really isn't.  It is usually a 45-50 minute massage that you will receive.  Did you even know this?  Would this be considered false advertising?  You think you're are getting a full 60 minutes cause this is what you paid for and it is what you are thinking you are getting when you are not.  Wonder why?  This is because most spas book their therapists back-to-back-to back.  And most of these therapists are doing 5,6,7, 8 massages in a row in one day! (that's a whole other blog)

When I first started doing massage, I worked at a variety of spa's in town.  Out of the places I worked at, all but one would book a massage every hour on the top of the hour.  So I had one hour to greet a client, have them get undressed and on the table, massage them, get them off the table, take the dirty sheets off, put clean sheets on and then off to do it again and again.  Plus if I was doing a hot stone, mud wrap or Vichy shower treatment that was even more cleanup, yet not more time.  If a client was late, they would get an even shorter massage!  Not quite right, is it?  The one spa that I worked at that did not book back-to-back, had a minimum of 20 minutes in-between massages.  That time made a big difference in clean-up, as well as my own sanity of not feeling so rushed.

One of the differences I have with my business compared to spas is that your massage is the full time schedule. If you book an hour you get minimum of 60 minutes and with an an hour and half it's a full 90 minutes.  With both of these time frames you usually end up getting even a bit more then that.  The time I spend on your body is not taken away because I have to set up my table and take it down.  I schedule my appointments so that I have the full time with you and plenty of time to setup everything and get to my next appointment.

For more information on Heavenly Healing Mobile Massage, please visit my website . Learn something new daily, become a fan on Facebook or follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment